What Are Full-Arch Implants?
Full-arch implants are surgical fixtures that fuse with your jawbone and provide an effective solution to restore the form and functionality of a full set of teeth. They’re usually supported by four to six dental implants and are made to naturally work in conjunction with your mouth so that they look, feel, and function identically to regular teeth.
Who Are They For?
Full-arch implants are for people that are experienced a reduced quality of life due to missing multiple teeth or full rows of teeth (upper or lower) who:
- Are in good general health
- Have good oral health
- Are roughly 18 years or older (have a fully-developed jaw
Who Are They Not For?
Full-arch implants are very reliable and effective teeth replacement solutions, but they’re not for everyone. They may not be right for you if:
- You have poor dental hygiene (smoking can contribute to these issues)
- You have underlying medical conditions such as cancer, uncontrolled diabetes, or blood-clotting disorders
- You are under the age of 18 (in which case it is recommended that you wait until your jawbone is fully developed before seeking treatment)
How Does The Process Work?
Here is a basic overview of how the process works should you decide that full-arch implants are right for you:
- The consultation: The first step is to have a consultation with an experienced dental implant expert. This consultation will help you get clarity and alignment around what to expect to ensure that it will be an ultimately beneficial procedure for you and your needs.
- Installing the implants: The next step is installing dental implants to replace the lost tooth roots. In most cases, 4 or 6 implants will be used which will bond over time with the jawbone. Temporary teeth are attached so you can use your mouth as you normally would while waiting for the permanent bridge to be installed.
- Installing the bridge: After the implants have completely set, the bridge is installed which will be put in place on top of the existing implants.
- A smile you’ll love forever: Smile! Your new teeth are now in and will look, feel, and function just like normal teeth do. You can now enjoy freedom and fulfillment thanks to your pristine pearly whites!
How Can I Get Started?
Ready to see what’s possible with full-arch implants?